Front sight

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Steineeo

Front sight

Post by Steineeo »

I recently purchased a Ranch Hand 45LC and because I am new to guns, it appears to me the manufacturer left off the front sight. All I have is the base plate. Looking at the picture of the gun it appears to have a part that attaches to the plate. Where can I get a rear sight? I find nothing at Rossi. Can I put it on myself or do you more experienced guys think I should put some other type of sight on it?

Thank you
Evan
jh45gun

Re: Front sight

Post by jh45gun »

You lost me there is no "base plate???" the sights fit into a dove tail. First your talking about the front sight then you mention wanting to buy a rear sight so which is it? If you need a rear sight call Rossi they will send you one if it did not come with the gun. If you need a front sight do not bother with Rossi as their front sights are too short for this gun and they do not have nothing higher. Call Williams gun sight co and order a .538 size front sight to fit a 3/8ths dove tail. They may tell you their sights do not fit as they were told Rossi uses a bigger dove tail but that is not true the sights for a 3/8th size dove tail fit perfectly. If you do not want a fiber optic sight check with other sight companies but make sure it is at least .538 tall to work as the Ranch Hands tend to shoot high at the lowest setting on the rear sight elevator.
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Front sight

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I'm not sure what sight is needed for the Ranch Hand but I assume it needs to be pretty tall. This is where I would look and maybe send an email:

http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?m ... Path=21_24