Rossi Lever Replacement

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Doc Holliday

Rossi Lever Replacement

Post by Doc Holliday »

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can replace the big loop lever on my Rossi withe a New Miroku Winchester 92 lever part. Or are the Rossi 92 levers ;winchester 92 levers and Miroku Winchester 92 lever all completely different from each other?
I am looking for a drop in replacement regular size Rossi 92 lever but it seems Rossi parts are about as common as Marmon car parts.
Thank-you
Doc.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi Lever Replacement

Post by joec »

Joe
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Doc Holliday wrote:I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can replace the big loop lever on my Rossi withe a New Miroku Winchester 92 lever part. Or are the Rossi 92 levers ;winchester 92 levers and Miroku Winchester 92 lever all completely different from each other?
I am looking for a drop in replacement regular size Rossi 92 lever but it seems Rossi parts are about as common as Marmon car parts.
Thank-you
Doc.
I'm thinking the best way might be to find someone who wants to trade you. I'm not a fan of the big loop even though they are supposed to be popular with those living in the north country. I find when I am out in winter i am wearing mitts and they have to be dropped to the ground anyway before I can even hope to pull the trigger. Gloves dainty enough for my fat finger to fit into the trigger loop don't have enough warmth to mess with.
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I don't like the big loop finger levers either and they really aren't necessary if you borrow a trick mothers of young kids have used for years.
I like levering & shooting with two bare hands and there's a way to "snap" your mitts off quickly without losing them among the shrubs & trees or having them land in the water, mud or snow.
In really cold weather I tie my thick mitts to the sleeves of my coat with about a foot of leather thong or nylon boot lace similar to what you do with toddlers mitts so they can't lose them.
When I shake my mitts off really quick to facilitate shooting or doing other intricate tasks requiring free fingers gravity takes over and the mitts hang out of the way safe & dry until I'm done & ready to put them on again.
My very cold weather mitts are made of moose hide and there's no way they'll fit in a finger lever....even the big loop levers.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA