Forearm for Ranch Hand

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Soupmanson

Forearm for Ranch Hand

Post by Soupmanson »

So...... anybody ever find another source for Ranch Hand Forearm's ? Rossi is definitely a dead end. Boyd's makes stock sets for Models 92 & 94, but, those Forearms are not compatible (learned that lesson the hard way a couple years ago). I put a tax stamp on my Ranch Hand 3 years ago and would like to get a my hands on an un-finished Forearm so I can match it to the stock I purchased :D .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forearm for Ranch Hand

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, a tough find. I suspect waiting for one to surface on eBay is going to be it.
Michael
Soupmanson

Post by Soupmanson »

That's pretty much the same conclusion I have, short of buying another Ranch Hand and using it as a future parts donor. Seeing what used 357 Ranch Hands are going for..... not going to happen anytime soon. Saw a used one sell for $599 last night........ yikes.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Buy a carbine forearm from PGW and modify it to fit?
Soupmanson

Post by Soupmanson »

That's my next plan, I have a carbine forearm in the shopping cart as we speak.
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

what is PGW?
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

stevep1954 wrote:what is PGW?
Sorry, Precision Gun Works. He makes replacement stocks for lots of different leverguns. Google it.

Be aware, they're not totally finished, you have to do final fitting, sanding and finishing yourself. But that way you can get it exactly the way you want it.

Boyds has stocks for Rossi's, but they're ready to install and you might not like the fit or finish. They're also cut for Boyd's plastic buttplates, like it or not. PGW cuts his buttstocks to fit the original Rossi crescent or carbine buttplates.

But, PGW only offers basic walnut. Boyds offers a high-grade walnut option. So there's pluses and minuses with both brands. I prefer PGW myself.