Got Lucky

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Conman

Got Lucky

Post by Conman »

I have been looking for a 38/357 Ranch Hand for a couple of years. I had my name on the list at a couple of places. Also in the WTB section here....

Monday afternoon I was notified that this outfit had some 38/357's in stock. I immediately submitted my order and got it paid for. Got a reply confirming the order! Picked it up at my local FFL today.

Tuesday morning I went back to the site only to be told NOT IN STOCK.........glad I did a quick buy!!

Now to get some reloading done over this weekend and hope for some good weather!

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Got Lucky

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear, pays to be ready if hoping for a "back in stock" notification!
Michael
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Nice, i just got mine today too! Funny though, if its discontinued i wonder where they got it "in stock" from

I was cycling rounds through it though as soon as i got home and 357 will *not* feed reliably. You notice that too?
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Conman

Post by Conman »

GRV01

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Should find time over the weekend.. I'll get back to you!

Well, the weather is not going to cooperate with me getting out back....so, I went down to the gun room and tried various ammo. I had no problem with any of the .38 and .357 I have on hand EXCEPT - it did not like the Gold Dot with the large, jagged,, hollow-point....it would only allow me to insert two rounds and then the third one could not be inserted. I had to slowly feed them up and out.