What to expect when youre expecting...

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What to expect when youre expecting...

Post by Ranch Dog »

GRV01 wrote:Just brought home our newest addition to the family! Would post a pic but its just over siZe limit, any help there?
If the picture is on a PC use IrfranView. If a device, use the photo editor provided.
Michael
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

First fire today! Lots of fun, and the large loop isnt as bad as i thought itd be. I dont love them, and it will be the first/last/only large loop i own but i think it suits the Ranch Hand (nevermind that keeping it saves me over $130)

However i will definitely wrap it, thinking with leather boot laces, because yeeowch, after 30odd rounds my finger was chafing something fierce in a way that i never get firing my 20" 92

Also whoa! It shoots high, and yeah I read its a common problem but man, seeing it in real life was an eye opener. Cant wait to change those sights!

Still had feed errors with 357s catching on the throat, and at home trying to cycle 38 snap caps i was ejecting two at a time (double feed?) Thinking cartridge guides? Will have to see. More soon!
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Congratulations on live fire!

Craft stores often have a good selection of leather cord. The best I've found is at Indian Reservation trading posts. How close are you to the Seminoles?
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Pretty close, mostly to Miccosukee(sp) here in Miami but i love that idea about a craft store for leather strips thanks

Still wondering if i should send it in to fix the feeding issue. I could hand deliver it to their Braztech facility lol but i imagine theyd still manage to scree it up
No thin chicks
elimsprint

Post by elimsprint »

You might want to just cut down your large loop to a medium one, the best of both worlds. I also did a paracord wrap as I couldn't find any leather I liked up here.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

GRV01 wrote:Pretty close, mostly to Miccosukee(sp) here in Miami but i love that idea about a craft store for leather strips thanks

Still wondering if i should send it in to fix the feeding issue. I could hand deliver it to their Braztech facility lol but i imagine theyd still manage to scree it up
+1

I do believe were it I, I'd do everything short of sending it back to Rossi. I sure you're aware that '92s tend to be a bit position sensitive in regards to feeding. my 357 more so than the 45 Colt and in my case the 38 Spl more than the 357. One adjustment or tweak at a time you can work it out.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Finally ordered the Hunter scabbard/holster made specifically for mares' legs. Well made, and i included a pic of the backside of one to show the alignment of the belt loop which I tried in earnest to find online and couldn't, which would've been a big help. It fits 2' belts

for the search engines: The Hunter Company, Trapper Scabbard Holster 1892S UPC 021771189213
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No thin chicks
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Well im selling the Ranch Hand (and holster). It was a fun gun but just too impractical for any real world application especially since i dont have any ATVs or the like and im just not comfortable right now owning a 'range toy'

Im sure ill regret it right after :D, but for now it was fun while it lasted
No thin chicks
elimsprint

Post by elimsprint »

Too bad you can't install the full butt stock like I can up here. It turns the Ranch Hand into a keeper firearm instead of just being a fun toy
okstatefan

Post by okstatefan »

Too bad it didn't work out for you, but she'll surely find a happy new owner.

I just got mine today, but I think it will fit a few roles on my instance.

Good luck and happy shooting.