Any body got one of these ???

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
muleman

Any body got one of these ???

Post by muleman »

I looked really hard at these last year, but the $900.00 price tag kept me away. I know now they have come down, now that the new has worn off and I think I will probably get one in the near future. I would sure like to hear from someone who has one already. I am kinda interested in how it actually handles. I ride my mules in the National Forest quite a bit and I could carry one year round as they fall under the Arkansas Conceal Carry specs. I could stuff one of those in a saddle bag or almost anywhere. Thanks for any info. Jamie.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Any body got one of these ???

Post by pricedo »

muleman wrote:I looked really hard at these last year, but the $900.00 price tag kept me away. I know now they have come down, now that the new has worn off and I think I will probably get one in the near future. I would sure like to hear from someone who has one already. I am kinda interested in how it actually handles. I ride my mules in the National Forest quite a bit and I could carry one year round as they fall under the Arkansas Conceal Carry specs. I could stuff one of those in a saddle bag or almost anywhere. Thanks for any info. Jamie.

$900 !!.........that's nuts !!........the MSRP is only $536.

Time to change your gun shoppin location. I never saw an ordinary RH that high though I've seen em quite a bit cheaper than the MSRP a lot of places.

They're made by Rossi.....not Westley Richards. :shock:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

CheaperThanDirt.com $430. &. Buds Guns online about the same?
Warhawk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Warhawk »

I assume I'm not seeing the pic you posted? If it's a Rossi Ranch Hand, they are out there, as are the other "Mare's Legs" from Henry and Puma. I saw all three recently at Fort Thompson Outdoors in Little Rock. I have a 357 Rossi Ranch Hand that I picked up used for $325, the seller kept cutting the price the longer it went unsold until I grabbed it at 325.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Warhawk wrote:I assume I'm not seeing the pic you posted? If it's a Rossi Ranch Hand, they are out there, as are the other "Mare's Legs" from Henry and Puma. I saw all three recently at Fort Thompson Outdoors in Little Rock. I have a 357 Rossi Ranch Hand that I picked up used for $325, the seller kept cutting the price the longer it went unsold until I grabbed it at 325.
I have a Chiappa Takedown Mare's Leg posted elsewhere on the forum that you'll find interesting.
It's a purty gun to with real outstanding furniture.
It also has a retail price that ain't so purty........over $1000 !
I bought the Chiappa cause none of the other manufacturers offered a take down model.
The way I have it set up with the 2-6x33 Bushnell Trophy pistol scope & the golf club boot recoil pad it would make an excellent tree stand gun for deer that when taken down and packed in an ordinary business brief case is as inconspicuous & innocuous looking as a feather pillow.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
muleman

Post by muleman »

When I was looking last year it was actually Puma, the sister company to Rossi who was offering basically the same gun and they were not and still are not $400.00. I got a ranch hand on its way and should have some cool conversion pictures up by the end of next week.
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

pricedo wrote:
Warhawk wrote:I assume I'm not seeing the pic you posted? If it's a Rossi Ranch Hand, they are out there, as are the other "Mare's Legs" from Henry and Puma. I saw all three recently at Fort Thompson Outdoors in Little Rock. I have a 357 Rossi Ranch Hand that I picked up used for $325, the seller kept cutting the price the longer it went unsold until I grabbed it at 325.
I have a Chiappa Takedown Mare's Leg posted elsewhere on the forum that you'll find interesting.
It's a purty gun to with real outstanding furniture.
It also has a retail price that ain't so purty........over $1000 !
I bought the Chiappa cause none of the other manufacturers offered a take down model.
The way I have it set up with the 2-6x33 Bushnell Trophy pistol scope & the golf club boot recoil pad it would make an excellent tree stand gun for deer that when taken down and packed in an ordinary business brief case is as inconspicuous & innocuous looking as a feather pillow.
Please explain for an ole dummy, what is meant by "a take down model."
Thanks
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
blackhawk44

Post by blackhawk44 »

Muleman, Puma is only a copywrited name owned by Legacy Sports International (LSI). It was used for the Rossi when they were imported by LSI and, after LSI dropped the Rossi, it was used on the Italian Chiappa that LSI currently imports. There never was a "Puma" company. The Chiappa guns cost roughly double what the Rossi's do. Over the years, other companies have also imported the Rossi such as, Interarms, EMF, Navy Arms and currently Taurus/Braztec.

Kliff, takedown models have a mechanical joint at the front of the action that allows the gun to be taken apart into two pieces for transport as a smaller package.
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

A takedown Ranch Hand might be interesting.
But then, to me, just about any takedown is interesting.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

blackhawk44 wrote:Muleman, Puma is only a copywrited name owned by Legacy Sports International (LSI). It was used for the Rossi when they were imported by LSI and, after LSI dropped the Rossi,
Not quite accurate.
LSI did not drop the Rossi.
When Taurus bought and took operating control of Amadeo Rossi SA they (Taurus) decided to no longer supply the Rossi 92 leverguns to LSI to be sold under the copyrighted "Puma" moniker.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA