Rossi Case hardening

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
smb980

Rossi Case hardening

Post by smb980 »

Looking to purchase a ranch hand in .45
Is the case hardening worth the extra price?
No one stocks these locally, so I haven't been able to see one in person.

Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Case hardening

Post by Ranch Dog »

The ones that I've seen are quite attractive but I see your dilemma. I used Davidson's Gun Genie and there was a $53 difference in price through my dealer ($477 vs. $530). I have a Winchester M94 that is case hardened which has made me quite fond of it even though I never shoot it. It would be gone without it. I'm not sure I would spend the extra as the receiver on the 92 is quite small. Seems a bit overpriced to me and the Rossi's bluing is very attractive. Still, it is a bit of a fix without being able to see the finish.
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

My 92 has a case hardened receiver with 20" octagonal barrel. I've been looking for a .44 to match it with no luck so far. I really like the looks of them, but you're probably right. They probably aren't worth the extra cost.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

rman wrote:My 92 has a case hardened receiver with 20" octagonal barrel. I've been looking for a .44 to match it with no luck so far. I really like the looks of them, but you're probably right. They probably aren't worth the extra cost.
I agree.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.