Found a NIB Ranch Hand, but with a problem.

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
ShortStroke

Found a NIB Ranch Hand, but with a problem.

Post by ShortStroke »

Hey guys, I finally found the Ranch Hand of my dreams, .45 LC, case hardened receiver, with decent furniture. I used the Rossi pre purchase checklist and found the barrel to be indexed too far to the right from the receiver. How can this be fixed? If I turn the barrel back to vertical, will the headspace be honked up? I'd really like to have one, but don't want to buy someone's problem. I guess I could use the safety peep sight, plug the rear dovetail, and possibly cut the barrel back to behind the front sight to fix this, but that seems like a lot of work. I'm open to any and all ideas. Thanks a bunch.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Found a NIB Ranch Hand, but with a problem.

Post by akuser47 »

Best to avoid her, but buying new then rossi should fix under warranty. The warranty times can vary widely. It's not something I would try to fix as the chamber bullet ramp cut will move thus needing to be worked on as well. Also as you noted headspace needs to be checked as well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Found a NIB Ranch Hand, but with a problem.

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm with AK, buy it with the idea that you need to return it. If the rifle is over a year old there might be a hassle with the warranty!
Michael