problems with action

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
mike

problems with action

Post by mike »

Gentlemen, I have just purchased a ranch hand, I am having some trouble with the action and was wondering if any of you have experienced the same issues. After I fire the weapon, I work the lever action and it does not always return hammer to the fully cocked position. I have only fired 40 rounds of 240 grain jacketed hollow point ammunition. I like the look of the gun but am very unhappy with its accuracy. One other question I have stripped the gun for cleaning and I am having problems removing the lever, can someone please point me in the direction of a video. Thank you.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: problems with action

Post by akuser47 »

It is a short barreled 92 si action tear down is the same. Keep us posted.

[youtube][/youtube]
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mike wrote:After I fire the weapon, I work the lever action and it does not always return hammer to the fully cocked position.
Morning mike and welcome to the forum. I think you are heading the right direction, the packing grease left in these firearms creates all sorts of problems. We recently had a fellow that could not remove the lever on his rifle, a full length 92, but I think he was has not left any feedback on his success after receiving a number of suggestions.

Trying to field strip my 92
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

We recently had a fellow that could not remove the lever on his rifle, a full length 92, but I think he was a hit and run poster and left no feedback after receiving a number of suggestions. I will look for the topic.
Hit and run..... They drive me nuts. If folks are kind enough to share at the very least leave some feedback to help others!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Hit and run..... They drive me nuts. If folks are kind enough to share at the very least leave some feedback to help others!
Yeah, me too. It causes me to hesitate in reply or detail if I have more pressing issues that need my attention.
Michael
bartp40

Post by bartp40 »

http://store.stevesgunz.com/
Ranch hand is basically a model 92. Steve's video and parts are easy to do. It makes it really smooth.