Why a Ranch Hand?

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!

Re: Why a Ranch Hand?

Postby GasGuzzler » 19 Feb 2017 07

Florida law doesn't matter much since we have the FED and BATF. It's illegal to have a short barrelled rifle unless you pay for the tax stamp and fill out the paperwork.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: Revolver

Postby GRV01 » 19 Feb 2017 09

*shrug* well even less of a reason to do it
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GRV01
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: M92

Postby Archer » 19 Feb 2017 13

GasGuzzler wrote:Florida law doesn't matter much since we have the FED and BATF. It's illegal to have a short barrelled rifle unless you pay for the tax stamp and fill out the paperwork.

I don't know about Florida law, I do know that California law and Federal law often conflict.
By CA law for example you must either purchase a lock (CA approved firearm safety device) with every firearm OR present a 'safe affidavit' stating that you have an approved container that meets certain minimum standards and that has room to completely enclose the new firearm you are purchasing.
ATF inspectors however have stated they don't believe in safe affidavits and that they will require a lock receipt for every purchase when they audit an FFL.

CA has minimum length requirements for long arms that exceed the federal requirements as well.
CA DoJ has all sorts of additional regulations and hoops you must jump through in order to purchase a firearm or even to maintain the legality of what you have already legally purchased. For example our political would be masters just passed additional laws requiring additional paperwork and registration, modifications at the owner's expense, surrender to law enforcement authorities, or forced sale outside the state, in order to maintain the legality of what we already own.

I am not certain but I think at least one state requires that M1 Carbines with the folding paratrooper stock be registered as handguns.

It MAY not matter what state law is depending on the state but in generally you'd better be in compliance with both Federal AND State statutes if you don't want to wind up with your tail in jail.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Postby GasGuzzler » 20 Feb 2017 07

Yeah. I forgot some states are WORSE than the Fed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: Revolver

Postby W84EM » 29 Apr 2017 09

I really have no valid excuse other than I'm intrigued by them and have always wanted to shoot one and there's nothing quite like it except the Chiappa and Henry versions. I just bought one in 45 Colt and first priority is working on the sights.

Giddyup!
W84EM

My Rossi Choice: Ranch Hand

Postby okstatefan » 09 Jun 2017 20

I was so glad to find an unfired, used example on a local trading sight. I've owned a 16 .357 stainless trapper for a few years and it is my favorite guns ever.

So I picked up a .357 Ranch Hand today. Unfortunately, it started raining and I couldn't get to the range. I did put a single point sling on it. I'll have to upgrade that but it does help with aiming. This thing is going to get the snot shot out of it.
okstatefan

Previous

Return to Ranch Hand