Buttstock Cover for Rossi Ranch Hand?

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Buttstock Cover for Rossi Ranch Hand?

Post by pricedo »

Sorry...........BATFE agent trumps internet "lawyers" (sans law degree). :mrgreen:
One more rumor bagged and tossed to the curb courtesy of RD :ugeek: .
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jh45gun wrote:Some of the other forums still have doub..."
Pretty much why I have given up on other forums. Too much "fact" being generated from a kitchen table rather than a shooting bench. I'm convinced that a lot of fellows post count are greater than their fired round count. The internet has made an uneducated opinion, repeated enough, fact. So, one must be careful.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
jh45gun wrote:Some of the other forums still have doub..."
Pretty much why I have given up on other forums. Too much "fact" being generated from a kitchen table rather than a shooting bench. I'm convinced that a lot of fellows post count are greater than their fired round count. The internet has made an uneducated opinion, repeated enough, fact. So, one must be careful.
To be fair there's a tad bit of difference in regards to opportunity when that kitchen table is in an apartment building smack dab in the middle of a city block VS a person fortunate enough to live on a Texas ranchero where he can open the kitchen door and line up his X-hairs on a hog or deer while sipping his morning coffee.

Speaking personally, I'm sure my fired round count would be significantly higher if I could open my front door and be greeted by nature in the raw literally at my doorstep.

Internet forums are for the most part social places and homo sapiens as a species are social animals and like to gab.

Human nature being what it is unfortunately If there's nothing real to gab about many will just make something up or seriously embellish a real event.

Not too difficult in most cases for seasoned hunters and shooters to tell the difference between a "for real" factual post and a "hill of beans".
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

The first time I saw the Ranch Hand, I thought it would be good for a trail gun where there are large critters. The shorter Ranch Hand would be easier to carry than a full sized rifle but still have good power with its longer than most handguns barrel.

Is the Ranch Hand still considered a pistol in Canada? Could a person from the U.S. be allowed to bring one up there since it is a different class of firearm? Thanks
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

ironhead7544 wrote:The first time I saw the Ranch Hand, I thought it would be good for a trail gun where there are large critters. The shorter Ranch Hand would be easier to carry than a full sized rifle but still have good power with its longer than most handguns barrel.

Is the Ranch Hand still considered a pistol in Canada? Could a person from the U.S. be allowed to bring one up there since it is a different class of firearm? Thanks
In Canada the RH is called a pistol but has been classed by the RCMP as a "non-restricted" firearm.
That means it can be carried around and used for hunting like an ordinary rifle or shotgun.
Handguns normally are classed as "restricted" firearms.........that means government approved shooting ranges only unless an extremely hard to get "authorization to carry" (ATC) is granted.
Thinking of getting an ATC ?........unless you're a Canadian judge or a rich guy with a lot of powerful political friends.........forget it.
Canada isn't as restrictive on short barreled rifles & shotguns as the United States is.
Shotguns & rifles with 8", 10", 12" barrels are available on the internet.
You need a federal license to own or possess firearms in Canada but there is a good side to that.........each license holder is like a FFL and can use the postal service & couriers to ship guns to other license holders and to licensed businesses...........as a licensed gun owner you can order guns directly by mail order or on the internet & they'll be sent by the Canadian postal service or courier directly to you home...........like it used to be in the USA before Oswald did his dastardly deed on the grassy knoll with a mail ordered Italian Carcano rifle.
You can bring a RH into Canada like any other ordinary rifle or shotgun but no handguns.
I am a dual US/CDN citizen and spend a lot of time in both countries.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Pricedo: Thanks for the info. Not planning a Canadian trip but will keep this in mind.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

ironhead7544 wrote:Pricedo: Thanks for the info. Not planning a Canadian trip but will keep this in mind.
If you do take a Canadian trip in the future being aware of the Canadian gun laws will make sure you return in the same decade.
You'd be surprised how many unintentionally drive across into Canada with handguns in their vehicles..........could result in becoming a guest in one of Her Majesty's common gaols for a considerable length of time.
I lived in Hyder, Alaska on the Canadian border for a year or so back in the mid 70s and the border was unsupervised.
If the RCMP caught you in Stewart, BC, Canada which was only 5 minutes away with a handgun you were in for a whole lot of grief.
The Rossi Ranch Hand as I said is "non-restricted" and quite acceptable.......just make sure you are upfront with the Canadian border service (CBSA) about any firearms or ammunition in your vehicle & they will tell you what is admissible and what isn't.
If you have a firearm that is inadmissible they will tell you to take it home & come back later.
DO NOT CROSS INTO CANADA WITH A HANDGUN IN YOUR VEHICLE :!:

The golf club sock in my photo a few posts back is thick nylon pile and makes a great stock cover/recoil pad for the RH. It even has a cleft to accommodate the finger lever.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
alanfender

Post by alanfender »

You can get a very nice, leather, butt stock cover at, http://www.gunstockcover.com its custom made for the ranch hand, they look very nice , just ordered one , $60.00 free shipping , plus they give you a free matching, leather lever loop wrap . Hope this helps you out .
Steineeo

Post by Steineeo »

I just bought a really nice leather stock cover on ebay. You also get a leather lever cover with it. On ebay search for Rossi Ranch Hand buttstock cover and his site should pop up along with others. Non I liked as well as his. His real name is Jon and his user name is bulmast1. Hope this helps.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

alanfender wrote:You can get a very nice, leather, butt stock cover at, http://www.gunstockcover.com its custom made for the ranch hand, they look very nice , just ordered one , $60.00 free shipping , plus they give you a free matching, leather lever loop wrap . Hope this helps you out .
I own 3 of Jons covers.........they are great.
They effectively cushion the recoil of heavy hitters like the 454 Casull & look good too.
Having 5 easily accessible rounds securely attached to the gun in the butt stock cover cartridge loops is good pre-emergency planning as well.
If your ammo supply in your rucksack gets swept away with your upset canoe, gets stolen or lost you have the 5 rounds in the tube magazine + the rounds in the loops on the butt stock cover to get you out of the bush alive. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA