Buttstock Cover for Rossi Ranch Hand?

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buttstock Cover for Rossi Ranch Hand?

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I feel like the guy who ignominiously released "some foul air" :oops: in a crowded elevator and then stood back with an innocent "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" look on his face while the heated "who dun it?" accusations ensued.
No worries, let's see if the call puts it to rest.
Michael
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

I can see your argument RD and I hope your right. I guess we will wait for the phone call.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well, that was easy. I called my BATF field office and spoke with an Agent who was more than happy to address my questions concerning the Ranch Hand and easy to talk to. In a nutshell, you can do anything you want to your "handgun" providing you do not remanufacture the stock. Pads, covers, grips, or anything else you can think of that can be readily removed are not remanufacturering the firearm. You are okay as long as you do not put a rifle butt stock on the receiver.

The agent was impressed that an individual was versed in the manufacturing standard but I learned to always be prepared many moons ago. My statements in this topic are 100% correct. Hopefully this will put this topic to rest so that you can enjoy your Ranch Hand. The Ranch Hand is no different from any other handgun. Just like you would not restock your Glock, don't restock your Ranch Hand.
Michael
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

Thank You Sir I will pass that info on.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Thanks RD.
Nuthin spoils a good rumor like the TRUTH............shucks ! :mrgreen:
When one rumor dies it's a good time to start another rumor.

How about: You need a pilots license if the wheel base height of you truck is over 3 feet off the ground. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Thanks RD.
Nuthin spoils a good rumor like the TRUTH............shucks ! :mrgreen:
So true. So easy to check out.

While out hunting via Tapatalk!
Michael
doskiez

Post by doskiez »

I wish I had one of these to use for measurements, I make custom concelement holsters and many other gun leather or leather products. I made the cartridge holder pictured for my Rio Grand and im sure I could make something with a recoil pad for the ranch hand. The only issue is I normally use the firearm itself for the initial prototype, I would essentially be flying blind without stock in hand or a good analogue. Unless someone wanted to ship me their stock, I could also envision a pretty easy modification to a factory made leather lace on recoil pad that could be done with a small investment of some leather working equipment. If any of this sparks some intrest let me know and we can look at either option.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rio Grand .45-70
Many more guns, reloading equipment, etc etc.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

doskiez wrote:I wish I had one of these to use for measurements, I make custom concelement holsters and many other gun leather or leather products. I made the cartridge holder pictured for my Rio Grand and im sure I could make something with a recoil pad for the ranch hand. The only issue is I normally use the firearm itself for the initial prototype, I would essentially be flying blind without stock in hand or a good analogue. Unless someone wanted to ship me their stock, I could also envision a pretty easy modification to a factory made leather lace on recoil pad that could be done with a small investment of some leather working equipment. If any of this sparks some intrest let me know and we can look at either option.
Thanks
Nice work !
I have the stretch nylon cartridge holders on my rifles cause when you see that huge B&C winning moose or humungous bull elk a box of ammo somehow magically dives to the bottom of the pack sack, into a jacket pocket or hides in the crack behind the car seat.
If you have a half dozen or so rounds on a butt stock cartridge holder ammo is always handy just in case when in vehicle or on an ATV, snowmobile or motorcycle.
I much prefer the look of leather on wood but could never find any butt stock cartridge holders that fit my guns so for $six bucks$ each the stretch nylon pull over cartridge holders found their way onto all my hunting guns.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

Some of the other forums still have doubt I posted this:

Well Ranch Dog is pretty well known with his cast bullet mold business I don't doubt what he said is true what the BATF agent said. Personally chances are if you did put one on used it hunting who would know anyway. Look at this argument you can put a rubber finger groove sleeve on a handgun so what is the difference? It is the same concept and no one would bust you for that.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

This is like chevy versus ford. There will always be debate but the facts have been posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!