Ranch Hand is now a joy to shoot.

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
jh45gun

Ranch Hand is now a joy to shoot.

Post by jh45gun »

I was out hunting the other day and took the Ranch Hand along in the vehicle figured my friend and I would take a hunting break and shoot a little. on the way to where we were hunting. Now that I have the taller fiber optic front sight on it we were bouncing cans and plastic bottles all over the place in a gravel pit. These are accurate once you do something about the sights.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranch Hand is now a joy to shoot.

Post by Ranch Dog »

jh45gun wrote:I was out hunting the other day and took the Ranch Hand along in the vehicle figured my friend and I would take a hunting break and shoot a little. on the way to where we were hunting. Now that I have the taller fiber optic front sight on it we were bouncing cans and plastic bottles all over the place in a gravel pit. These are accurate once you do something about the sights.
Good to hear!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Ranch Hand is now a joy to shoot.

Post by pricedo »

Glad you like your new gun.
My gun (pic above) isn't identical but is close to the Rossi Ranch Hand.
A short barrel does NOT mean the gun is inaccurate.
All kinds of sighting options are possible for these short barreled leverguns.
The above Chiappa Mare's Leg (kissin cousin to the Rossi Ranch Hand) in 44 Mag has a Bushnell Trophy 2-6x33mm pistol scope on it @ yields a respectable 3-shot 1 1/2" group @ 100 yards with the 225 grain Hornady FTX factory ammo with the forearm supported by a sandbag.
The scope is mounted with Warne QD rings so the scope can be removed in favor of the iron sights in seconds or remounted without loosing "0".
The gun (with the scope dismounted) fits nicely in a belt holster I had made by Cochise Leather Company.
I can carry it around all day in the holster quite comfortably and the gun can be shot quite accurately offhand with a little practice.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA