Laserlyte 10/22 Sight for the Rossi Ranch Hand

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Meirbubba

Laserlyte 10/22 Sight for the Rossi Ranch Hand

Post by Meirbubba »

On the KTOG-Kel Tec Forum a member posted that he had put on Laserlyte's 10/22. He said it helps him sight a target when shooting from the waist. It also looks like it was made for the Ranch Hand. I ordered one and will let you know how it goes. It cost me $89 on EBay.
LaserLyte RL1022 Lyt R-Sight Laser Rug MK 10/22

http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/DY210663.jpg

Rifle - Laser - LaserLyte
The LaserLyte Rear Sight Laser is a new laser design which has the laser integrated into the rear sight. The sight is easy-to-install as you do not have to alter any internal parts or the grips as you do with many other laser designs. The Rear Sight Laser fits the Ruger 10/22 and is constructed of steel for high durability. It includes four #377 batteries (commonly used watch batteries) which provide up to 1 hour of runtime when constantly on or 2 hours if used in pulse.
Warhawk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Laserlyte 10/22 Sight for the Rossi Ranch Hand

Post by Warhawk »

Very interesting!

I started using lasers on guns about 20 years ago. I was putting them on .22's used for coon hunting. I hunted with an older gentleman who didn't see too well in daylight, at night the sights were invisible to him. I rigged up his Nylon 66 with a laser mounted in the rings from an old 3/4 inch tube scope. It was zeroed for about 20 yards, which worked out well for coon hunting. He said he just "put that red dot on 'em and squeeze the trigger ... Mr coon comes out of that tree".

I don't have any pics of that set up, but I do have a pic of the same type of laser and a mount my brother (machinist) made for my Ruger MKII pistol. And it still fit in the holster. A lot of treed coons fell to this setup.

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I grew up coon hunting and training the dogs to track and tree to do so. Never ever thought of putting a lazer on my gun for night shootin. I am slow as molasses I guess. LoL I have lazers sights on other guns to that is what is sad just never thought about it. I miss them ol Bluetick hounds of mine. Might have to start coon huntin again to honor my grandfather who taught me.
Last edited by akuser47 on 06 Mar 2012 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

That's pretty cool there! ;)
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

Well I finally put on the Laserlyte for the 10/22 and it went well. The only concern I had, was, is it going to fit my new Mare's Leg holster by Cochise Leather, and, it does. No problem. Now I can point and shoot from my hip.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Now you need to get to the range and give us a report how it holds zero and if it will stay where it is on the gun.
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

Made a quick trip to the range and shot from the hip at 25 yards. I was able to keep it within 1" - 2" . My wife went crazy because she was able to hit the metal target (she loves the sound) at 75 yards. She held it up and pointed rather than shooting from the hip.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Glad to here it is workin for you sounds like a sweet rig and I bet ie will get used alot.
kfd82

Post by kfd82 »

Did you have to do any fitting or shimming to get the laserlyte to fit properly? Or did it just tap right in?

Thanks
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

Spark plug feeler gauge at Napa Auto for about $5. I believe I used .02. I was able to cut and trim with scissors.