Mare's Leg Holster

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
Meirbubba

Mare's Leg Holster

Post by Meirbubba »

http://www.cochiseleather.com/bulletloo ... lster.aspx
I should have my Mare's leg holster in a couple of weeks. Check it out at the link above.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mare's Leg Holster

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very cool, heck here is the picture!

Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very cool, heck here is the picture!

My holster is also a Cochise but doesn't have the cartridge loops & fits the Chiappa great with the scope off.
Cochise makes good stuff at a reasonable price.......good workmanship.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
kevindsingleton

Post by kevindsingleton »

It looks like that holster leaves the trigger exposed. Is that intentional? I don't see any of their other scabbards with exposed triggers. Otherwise, that's a very nice piece of kit, and a perfect complement to your rifle!
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

I'd love to see this holster actually being worn, and some sequential pics of drawing the RH and re-holsterring. I'm interested in one, and this is the best looking yet, but those pics could make a buyer out of a "fence sitter." LOL!
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

kliff wrote:I'd love to see this holster actually being worn, and some sequential pics of drawing the RH and re-holsterring. I'm interested in one, and this is the best looking yet, but those pics could make a buyer out of a "fence sitter." LOL!
That gun & holster combo looks so legacy authentic it coulda just come off Josh Randalls belt.
The gun (wood grain & quality) in the holster looks more like my Chiappa than the Rossi Mare's Leg.
I've worn my gun & holster in the bush & it's a lot less of a pain in the butt than a rifle or a rifle in a sling.
Like carrying a holstered handgun you have both hands free & unencumbered by the weapon.
The gun is single action & you need to pull back the hammer to make the gun fire so the trigger being exposed is relevant to absolutely nothing. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

Still sittin' on the fence, leaning toward keeping mine hanging on the wall as a curio, since I can't seem to find any action shots.... Carrying my 92 doesn't present any problems for me. :mrgreen:
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

kliff wrote:Still sittin' on the fence, leaning toward keeping mine hanging on the wall as a curio, since I can't seem to find any action shots.... Carrying my 92 doesn't present any problems for me. :mrgreen:
If a normal trip out consists of minimal deep cover walking & a lot more driving in a pickup or sitting in a canoe, on a horse, an ATV or snow mobile with your gun sitting beside you on the seat or in a scabbard then a loose, unholstered firearm is no problem.

Now consider the case of a trapper or a prospector/claim staker/line cutter who lugs a heavy pack sack and a handled tool like an axe or a pick through thick brush &/or rough steep terrain and the situation changes.

If your gun is carried loose you need one hand to carry it & another for the axe or prospectors pick leaving no hands left to climb or part the switches & shrubs & break falls with. In other words you run out of hands before you run out of tasks.

That's where a holstered Mare's Leg (ML)has the advantage over a loose carried or slung rifle. The ML is held securely leaving both hands entirely free to perform other tasks & remains secure (if properly lanyarded in to the holster) even if you tip your canoe and wind up swimming to shore and there is a full magazine of ammo in the gun (& in the loops on the holster) for protection & sustenance even if you lose your pack sack & other supplies (spare ammo) in the river or stream current.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

Just heard back from Cochise Leather about my Mare's Leg Holster and it look likes it's going to take another 2-4 weeks. I've already waited a month. Bummer. I'll post pictures whenever I receive it.
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

Cool.....can't wait to see the pics! Be sure to take some of it as you wear it, and draw from it. I'm looking for serviceability sorta pics. Thanks. :D
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod